Symbian Phones Blog | MP Blogs

Series60, Series80 and UIQ


Wednesday, May 18, 2005

iPod Shuffle


I've bought an iPod Shuffle with 512MB of memory. I know this has nothing to do with Symbian but I've made this article because I've wanted to tell why I have not bought a Nokia SmartPhone with MP3 Playback instead ( Nokia 3230 ( article ) for example ).
The Nokia SmartPhones are extremely expandable with all kind of software ( read the blog for different articles ). This includes music playback ( OggPlay ( article ) for Ogg Vorbis playback ). This is great, you can have a phone that does all kind of nice things plus music playback. But unfortunately the situation is not exactly like that. The playback is disappointing. You can compare it with the playback, on the PC, of a 32kbps song. It has no bass, sounds very bad, the memory is low ( it depends of the size of your memory card, but if you only have the card shipped with the phone have only 32 or 64MB ) and the saddest thing of all is that the sound is mono.
All these things made me buy a iPod Shuffle for music playback. I have more memory, better battery life, much better sound than I would have with a Nokia SmartPhone used for Music Playback. But the situation will change with the new Nokia Nseries N91 ( article ) which will have a 4GB HDD plus all things that a Series60 phone usually has.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home